For the snow event of January 18, here is an update on Transportation Services’ winter operations plans as of January 20 at approx. 7am.
Note: These plans are estimates only and subject to changing conditions such as timing of the event and the amount of precipitation.
Transportation Services has received an updated forecast from our weather provider, MeteoGroup.
Weather: Dry and cold Monday with considerable sunshine. Dry Tuesday as well with sunny breaks. Looking ahead it’s looking dry Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with partly cloudy skies and high temperatures around 0C.
– Salting on expressways & main roads are complete as of Sunday afternoon. Cleanup operations continue for bike lanes, layby parking areas, etc.
– Salting operations on local roads were completed Sunday evening but will resume Monday morning where required & continue throughout the day
– Cleanup operations on main roads are continuing focussing on parking areas, centre left turn lanes, etc.
– Plowing operations on local roads were completed Sunday afternoon.
– Cleanup operations will continue through the day Monday focussing on missed streets, parked car locations, etc.
Trails & Separated Bike Lanes
– Salting & plowing of the Martin Goodman Trail & Humber Bay Waterfront Trail was completed on Sunday and will resume Monday if required.
– Salting & plowing of the separated bike lanes was completed on Sunday and will resume Monday if required.
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– 2nd round of sidewalk clearing on high & low pedestrian volume sidewalks was completed Sunday evening.
– 3rd round of sidewalk clearing will be deployed on Monday am if required.