COVID-19 Updates – March 28, 2020
During this difficult time, in order to lift up spirits and to show appreciation for our frontline, healthcare and essential workers, some residents of Ward 22 Scarborough-Agincourt will be singing ‘O Canada’ outside on their balconies at 12:00 PM on Sunday, March 29th. Community members are invited to join in.
COVID-19 Updates – March 27 2020
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak in Toronto, our City would not have been able to continue functioning without our frontline, healthcare and essential services workers. At this time, I would like to take this opportunity to say a big THANK-YOU to these workers. We greatly appreciate all your efforts in keeping Toronto residents healthy, safe and well supplied.
I want to thank those of you who have reached out and offered to help someone in need in our community. If you are in need of assistance with picking up groceries and essentials, please do not hesitate to reach out. I can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 416 392 1374.
COVID-19 Updates – March 25 2020
In response to requests from community organizations wishing to circulate information regarding services being provided and/or changed during this time, I have established a new COVID-19 Community Corner on my website. Please click on the following link to view the COVID-19 Community Corner: http://karygiannis.net/wp/category/covid-19-community-corner/
COVID-19 Updates – March 24, 2020
Following yesterday’s Daily Update, I want to thank those of you who have reached out and offered to help someone in need in our community.
If you are in need of assistance with picking up groceries and essentials, please do not hesitate to reach out. I can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416 392 1374.
COVID-19 Update – March 23, 2020
Yesterday I send out an email asking for your opinion if the Prime Minister should enact the Emergencies Act. Over 70 % of responders advise me to do so. Click here to see letter to PM
Following yesterday’s e-mail, I would like to thank those of you who reached out and volunteered to help someone in need within our community. If you are interested in helping someone in need during this time, please sign the form at http://jimkarygiannis.net/wp/home/covid-19-volunteer/ .
COVID-19 Updates – March 21st, 2020
City of Toronto
- Please note that only Police Services can enforce orders based on the State of Emergency declaration from the Provincial Government. The City of Toronto will respond to residents’ concerns on a priority basis, but only Police can enforce Provincial Orders.
- 311 is still available 24 hours, 7 days a week, by phone only.
- Animal Services Shelters are closed to the public and only available by appointment for emergencies during the hours of 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Please call:
- East Animal Shelter: 416-338-7539
- North Animal Shelter: 416-338-8723
- West Animal Shelter: 416-338-6271
- Residents continue to be encouraged to make https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/ their first point of contact regarding COVID-19 in the City of Toronto and for relevant information regarding City services and measures in response to COVID-19.
I am writing with a personal perspective on COVID-19.
I want to thank all of you who have sent me your best wishes and assure you that I, my family and staff are all in good health.
COVID-19 Updates – March 20th, 2020
City of Toronto
- As March Break comes to a close, anyone returning to Toronto from travel must self-isolate for 14 days, even if asymptomatic.
COVID-19 Updates – March 19, 2020
City of Toronto
- Critical services in the City continue, as stated in previous days. The TTC continues to operate as normal. However, the TTC’s Wheel-Trans reservation system has received a large number of calls requesting drives to COVID-19 assessment centres. Please note the TTC Wheel-Trans system does not provide public transport to assessment centres or hospitals.
- All Toronto Police Services facilities, including the headquarters, are now closed to the public.
- The Toronto Police Services Property Unit, located at 330 Progress Avenue, is closed until further notice. Services will continue to be provided by phone.
- All criminal record and judicial matter checks must be submitted online. Vulnerable sector screenings and fingerprinting are by appointment only.
- Anyone who has been approached by COVID-19 scammers are encouraged to report these scams at www.tps.on.ca/core