The Community Advisory Council for The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) will host a community education session discussing Organ and Tissue Donation on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Scarborough Civic Centre.
In support of National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week, recognized across Canada from April 18 to April 25, 2015, the community education session will be an open dialogue addressing this important and vital cause.
Attendees will learn about the current needs as they relate to organ and tissue donation across Ontario and within the local community; hear from specialists in the field; and, discover the amazing impact their life-saving donation could make by registering with the provincial registry.
- Ronnie Gavsie, President and CEO, Trillium Gift of Life Network
- Tracy McCron, Organ and Tissue Donation Coordinator for The Scarborough Hospital Trillium Gift of Life Network
- Chris Lazongas, Staff Intensivist, The Scarborough Hospital
- Ajith Varghese, Manager Spiritual and Religious Care, The Scarborough Hospital
- Helen Farinha, Heart Transplant Recipient
The forum will be held:
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Scarborough Civic Centre,
150 Borough Drive, Scarborough, ON
Parking will be free (80-100 spots), in the upper parking pad to the east of the Scarborough Civic Centre (entrance from the Scarborough Town Centre Court). Should the gate be closed upon arrival at the parking lot, please buzz security and advise that you are attending the Organ and Tissue Donation Meeting.