June 12, 2020 – COVID-19 Updates – COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年6月12日
COVID-19 Updates – June 12, 2020
This morning I was joined by Mr. Chato Way, President of the Greater Toronto Kurdish House, and we were able to distribute 25 free donated face shields to each of five long term care residences Tendercare, Mon Sheong Court, Carefirst Transitional Care Centre, Shepherd Terrace, Senior Persons Living Connected. Read more..
The restrictions on religious institutions are beginning to relax and religious leaders have expressed a need for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as they get ready to welcome their congregations. This morning, I was pleased to be able to distribute 3,200 free donated masks and 50 bottles of hand sanitizers to eleven religious institutions in Scarborough-Agincourt. Read more..
Starting Saturday, June 20 and until further notice, GO buses will replace all weekend and all weekday midday trains on the Stouffville line.Maintenance and infrastructure work will also be done during this time. Read more…
Please take a moment to pass along this message to your family, neighbours and friends. If you would like to sign someone up for our e-mailing list, please send me their e-mail addresses at email@example.com
COVID-19 cases reported in Toronto
- 13,063 total cases
- 86 new confirmed cases (28 fewer new cases from yesterday)
- 310 hospitalized with 73 in ICU
- 973 deaths
- 10,717 recovered
Full details from Toronto Public Health
City of Toronto
- The following roads will be closed from Saturday, June 13 at 6:00 am until Sunday, June 14 at 11:00 pm as part of the ActiveTO program:
- Lake Shore Boulevard West (eastbound lanes only) from Windermere Avenue to Stadium Road. As a result, the eastbound Gardiner Expressway off ramp to Lake Shore Boulevard West (exit #146) will also be closed.
- Lake Shore Boulevard East (eastbound lanes only) from Leslie Street to just south of Woodbine Avenue (Kew Beach Avenue)
- Bayview Avenue from Front Street East to Rosedale Valley Road, and River Street from Gerrard Street East to Bayview Avenue.
- The City of Toronto is beginning a phased approach to re-opening City-run licensed child care centres starting Monday, June 29, with enhanced health and safety guidelines as established by the Provincial Government. Read more..
- The City of Toronto is working with market organizers to safely re-open farmers’ markets that are usually located on 22 City sites. Read more..
Government of Ontario
- Effective immediately, social circles of up to 10 members, including those outside the immediate household, are allowed in Ontario. For tips on forming social circles, please click here.
- Social circles are different from the proposed expansion of social gatherings from 5 to 10 people. Social gatherings can be any 10 people from outside your household, but where physical distancing of at least two metres should be maintained.
- Social circles will allow Ontarians to enjoy close contact with members of their circle. This could include hugging, carpooling, enjoying a patio and sharing a meal without staying two metres apart.
- Social circles will also bring back supports from people outside of their household who can now help with children, seniors or those in need.
- Ontarians should avoid close-contact activities with anyone outside of their circle if they are unable to maintain physical distancing.
- The Government of Ontario is lifting the recommended 30-day supply limit for dispensing Ontario Drug Benefit program medications.
- Effective Monday, June 15, 2020, program recipients can return to filling up to 100-day supply at a time from their pharmacy or dispensing physician, when appropriate.
Government of Canada
- The Federal Government will extend the deployment of Canadian Armed Forces medical personnel to long-term care homes in Ontario and Quebec to June 26th.
- The Federal Government is committing $14 billion to the Safe Restart Agreement, a joint agreement with the provinces and territories to ensure the economy restarts in a safe manner.
- The Federal Government is mandating temperature screening for air passengers. This will be implemented through a phased approach: first for those travelling to Canada, then for those travelling from Canada and for those travelling within the country. Any passengers with fevers will not be permitted to board the flight.
COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年6月12日
我在今天早上和 Greater Toronto Kurdish House 的主席 Mr. Chato Wany 向恒福护理院, 孟尝阁、耆晖会, Shepherd Terrace, Senior Persons Living Connected 以内的院舍每所派发了25个面罩。 更多详情请参阅： 点击这里
从6月20日星期六起直至另行通知为止，Go Bus将会取代所有Stouffville线周末和周日的日间火车班次。维修护和基建工程将在这段时间内施工。更多详情阅: 点击这里
- Lake Shore Boulevard West 东行线由 Windermere Avenue 至 Stadium Road。因此，Gardiner Expressway 东行线 Lakeshore Boulevard West 的出口 (Exit 146) 亦会同时关闭。
- Lake Shore Boulevard East东行线由Leslie Street至Woodbine Avenue以南的Kew Beach Avenue。
- Bayview Avenue 由Mill Street至Rosedale Valeey Road; 以及River Street由Gerrard Street East至Bayview Avenue。
- 多伦多市将从6月29日星期一起分阶段重开由市政府营运的托儿所，并同时实施省政府制定的强化健康和安全指南。更多详情阅: 点击这里
- 市政府正与农夫市场的协辨人合作以计划安全地重新开放22个在本市内的农夫市场。更多详情阅: 点击这里
- 从即日起，省政府的合法社交圈群的聚集人数将增加至10人，其中可包括非直系亲属的成员。更多有关社交群圈的信息请浏览: 点击这里
- 联邦政府将分阶段实施对飞机乘客进行温度检查。第一阶段将针对从外地到加拿大的入境人士，此后的检测将包括出境和乘坐国内航班的旅客。 任何有发烧症状的乘客均不得登机。