May 29,2020 – COVID-19 Updates – COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年5月29日
COVID-19 Updates – May 29,2020
Motion 10 at May 28th Toronto City Council Meeting
At City Council yesterday, I introduced the following Motion:
“That City Council request Mayor Tory and the City Manager to engage the Federal and Provincial Governments to assist in the City of Toronto with sustainable funding so that the City of Toronto does not need to raise the property taxes beyond the rate of inflation next year”.
Unfortunately, it did not pass. Eighteen Councillors voted against the Motion. I want to thank Councillors Ford, Lai, Holyday, Minnan-Wong, Nunziata and Pasternak for their support.
Scarborough Health Network COVID-19 Pop-Up Centres
The Scarborough Health Network is opening COVID-19 pop-up assessment centres in 5 locations across Scarborough. For more information, please check: https://www.shn.ca/covid19-popup/
COVID-19 has had an impact on our mental well-being. During this time, we all need to stay positive and one way to do so is to have the occasional laugh. If you would like to send in some (light-hearted and appropriate) jokes to help Ward 22 residents stay positive, please send them to me at email@example.com and they will be included in our weekend updates.
Face Mask and Hand Sanitizer Giveaway
I am giving away face masks and hand sanitizers on Saturday, June 6th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
In order to be able to pick up face masks and hand sanitizers, please click here to pre-register and we will notify you which day you can come to pick up masks and sanitizers. Further details regarding pick-up will be sent to you by e-mail. If you have unsubscribed from our email list we will not be able to communicate with you.
Please take a moment to pass along this message to your family, neighbours and friends. If you would like to sign someone up for our e-mailing list, please send me their e-mail addresses at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 cases reported in Toronto
- 10,901 total cases
- 175 new cases (26 fewer new cases from the day before)
- 372 hospitalized with 83 in ICU
- 810 deaths
- 8,086 recovered
Full details from Toronto Public Health,
City of Toronto
- The City of Toronto continues to gradually open services and amenities for residents to enjoy this weekend. Residents are reminded to practice physical distancing or wear a face covering or non-medical mask to protect others when in settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained. Read more..
- Today, the City of Toronto opened applications for its Community Crisis Response Fund to help communities to respond to the impact of violent incidents and associated crises during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Fund provides financial assistance of up to $3,000 for initiatives that address the impact of a violent traumatic incident within a neighbourhood or across multiple communities. A total of $200,000 is available through the Community Crisis Response Fund. There are two funding streams: general, and youth-led. Read more…
Government of Ontario
- The Government of Ontario released the next phase of the province’s COVID-19 testing plan which includes three branches of testing. For more information, please click here.
- Ontarians no longer need a referral to go to any of the more than 130 assessment centres across Ontario. Information about the assessment centres is available here.
- Dentists, optometrists, massage therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists are part of a list of health-care providers that the Ontario government says can gradually reopen.
Government of Canada
- Large cruise ships will not be allowed in Canadian waters until at least October 21st, 2020.
- $650 million is being invested in Indigenous communities to support them with healthcare, income support and new shelters for women.
COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年5月29日
很遗憾的，这项动议因18位议员的反对而没有通过。在此，我感谢Ford, Lai, Holyday, Minnan-Wong, Nunziata 和 Pasternak几位议员支持了我的动议。
我将在上和6月6日（星期六）从10:00 am至2:00 pm向居民派发口罩和洗手液。请在此网页注册申请领取口罩和洗手液并填上你选择领取口罩的日期。我们将会把有关领取当日的详情通过电邮发送给您。如果您取消订阅我们的电子邮件，我们将无法向你提供有关资讯。
- 175宗新病例 (较日前少26宗)
- 多伦多市将继续在本周末逐步重新开发社区娱乐设施给市民使用。市政府提醒市民在使用设施时保持社交距离，以及在无法保持社交距离的埸合佩带上非医用口罩。更多详情请浏览: 点击这里
- 该基金将为应对社区暴力创伤事件的计划提供了高达3,000美元的财政援助。总支助金额为20万加元而申请项目包括: 普通资金和青年资金。更多详情请浏览: 点击这里
- 省政府公布了下一个阶段的COVID-19检测计划。更多有关计划所包括的3个检测范畴的详情请浏览: 点击这里
- 有意计划到省内130多个评估中心的市民从今起无须事前先得到任何转介。更多详情请浏览: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/