May 26, 2020 – COVID-19 Updates – COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年5月26日
COVID-19 Updates – May 25, 2020
I will be hosting a teleconference on how to stay mentally healthy during COVID-19. Joining in this teleconference will be psychologists and psychiatrists specializing in mental health. Details regarding how to join the teleconference will be provided later this week. If you would like to send in questions for the teleconference, please send my assistant an e-mail at email@example.com .
I am giving away face masks and hand sanitizers on Saturday, May 30th from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm and Saturday, June 6th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
In order to be able to pick up face masks and hand sanitizers, please click here to pre-register and we will notify you which day you can come to pick up masks and sanitizers. Further details regarding pick-up will be sent to you by e-mail. If you have unsubscribed from our email list we will not be able to communicate with you.
As retail and other businesses are starting to re-open, please read more on the Canada Emergency Rent Assistance Program and the Canada Emergency Business Account. Click here
Please take a moment to pass along this message to your family, neighbours and friends. If you would like to sign someone up for our e-mailing list, please send me their e-mail addresses at firstname.lastname@example.org .
COVID-19 cases reported in Toronto
- 10,373 total cases
- 161 new cases (16 fewer new cases from day before)
- 365 hospitalized with 89 in ICU
- 768 deaths
- 7,627 recovered
Full details from Toronto Public Health,
City of Toronto
- There were no new updates from the City of Toronto today.
Government of Ontario
- The Government of Ontario outlined key findings from the Canadian Armed Forces report on the five long-term care homes at which the military has been assisting.
- The report details serious concerns around infection prevention, safety, staffing and level of care. The report also indicates that these five homes are beginning to stabilize with the support of the armed forces.
- The Government of Ontario is asking the Federal Government and the Canadian Armed Forces to extend their current mission for at least an additional 30 days.
- The Provincial Government will be launching an independent commission into Ontario’s long-term care system beginning in September.
Government of Canada
- In the last 10 weeks over 40 flights have arrived in Canada carrying hundreds of thousands of items of personal protective equipment.
- A contract has been signed with General Motors to produce 10 million face masks in Oshawa, Ontario.
- A contract has been signed with Vexos to produce 10,000 ventilators in Markham, Ontario.
- The Federal Government is funding up to 700 youth jobs in the food sector to ensure there are enough seasonal workers available.
COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年5月26日
我将在5月30日（星期六）上午9:00至1:30 pm和6月6日（星期六）从10:00 am到2:00 pm向居民派发口罩和洗手液。
- 省政府發佈了加拿大軍隊在協助本省五所長期護理院時所得的觀測和發現 。
- 省政府將從9月起成立一個獨立委員會徹查 本省的長期護理系統。
- 政府已与通用汽车公司签订了合同在 Oshawa, ON 生产1000万个口罩。
- 政府已与Vexos公司签订了合同在 Markham, ON 生产10,000台呼吸机。