May 25, 2020 – COVID-19 Updates – COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年5月25日
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) today issued a Heat Warning for Toronto, which starts today and is forecast to end Wednesday, May 27. Read more…
Paramedic Services Week
The week between May 24 and May 30 is Paramedic Services Week. It is a time for all Canadians to honour and thank the women and men who answer our calls for medical help. Whether it is a call to our homes for a medical emergency or a call to a vehicle accident or a fire, Paramedics, often putting themselves in danger, always answer and provide the necessary assistance.
As we deal with COVID-19, paramedics have shown up for Canadians, showing us the very best of courage, compassion and dedication.
On behalf of all the residents of Ward 22, Scarborough-Agincourt, I thank all Paramedics for their service and for the incredible work they do for us every day.
Portrait appreciation for our Health Care workers,.
Painted by Ashvinkumar Patel (Graphic Designer) and Devashree Tawde.
Corner of Glen Springs Dr and Warden (just south of McNicoll on the west side)
Well-Being During COVID-19 Teleconeference
I will be hosting a teleconference on how to stay mentally healthy during COVID-19. Joining in this teleconference will be psychologists and psychiatrists specializing in mental health. Details regarding how to sign onto the teleconference will be provided later this week. If you would like to send in questions for the teleconference, please send my assistant an e-mail at email@example.com .
Please take a moment to pass along this message to your family, neighbours and friends. If you would like to sign someone up for our e-mailing list, please send me their e-mail addresses at firstname.lastname@example.org .
COVID-19 cases reported in Toronto
- 10,212 total cases
- 177 new cases (23 fewer new cases from day before)
- 377 hospitalized with 91 in ICU
- 761 deaths
- 7,509 recovered
Full details from Toronto Public Health
City of Toronto
- Toronto Hydro will be doing a project in the area includes Cardwell Avenue (North), Kennedy Road (East), Sheppard Avenue East (South) and Dowry Street (West). We expect the work to begin June 2020. Read more…
- Steeles Ave Closure Friday, May 29th (8:00 PM) until Monday, June 1st (6:00 AM) Metrolinx is making major infrastructure improvements to the Agincourt and Milliken GO stations. This work includes the construction of new grade-separated rail and pedestrian bridges at the existing Steeles Avenue East at-grade rail crossing between Kennedy Road and Midland Avenue. It also includes a new road underpass on Steeles Avenue East below the railway corridor. Read more…
- Bicycles lanes on Huntingwood Dr. Bike lanes on Huntingwood Drive have been something that I have been working on with my residents for over a year. This gives people about five kilometres of safe east-west cycling through Scarborough. Residents have expressed their confidence and will enjoy using it, especially to get outside more often this summer. Read more…
Government of Ontario
- On April 9, the Government of Ontario announced it was investing $100,000 in its partnership with SPARK Ontario to support the province’s first bilingual volunteer hub connecting volunteers with community organizations to support vulnerable Ontarians. Since then, the Government of Ontario reports that the response has been overwhelming.
- The government has partnered with the Older Adults Centres Association of Ontario to help implement the Seniors Centres Without Walls model of programming, where isolated seniors can participate in group programs over the phone.
- The Ministry of Long-Term Care has issued Mandatory Management Orders appointing local hospitals to temporarily manage two long-term care homes for 90 days.
Government of Canada
- 52% of COVID-19 cases in Canada have been resolved.
- The Prime Minister reminds Canadians that we must follow local public health recommendations. He says everyone has a responsibility to themselves and the people around them and social distancing is the best way to protect everyone.
- The Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program applications go live today. Landlords in the Atlantic, British Columbia or Quebec are able to apply today. Landlords in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and the territories will be able to apply tomorrow. Landlords with more than 10 eligible tenants can apply later on this week.
- Prime Minister Trudeau will work with provinces to ensure workers get 10 days of paid sick leave a year.
COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年5月25
画像由Ashvinkumar Patel (美术设计师) and Devashree Tawde绘成，并位于Glen Spring Drive 和 Warden Avenue (McNicoll Avenue以南的西侧)。
- 177宗新病例 (较日前少23宗)
- 多伦多电力公司将在2020年6月开始在本区进行工程。工程地点包括Cardwell Avenue北面、Kenndy Road东面、Sheppard Avenue East 南面和Dowry Street 西面。更多详情请阅: 点击这里
- Steeles Avenue 将于5月29日（周五晚上8:00）至6月1日（周一上午6:00）封闭。Metrolinx正在对Agincourt和Milliken GO火车站进行重要的基建升级工程。工程将包括在Steele Avenue East由Kennedy Road至Midland Avenue之间现有的行人过路处兴建新的人车分层路轨和行人天桥。工程亦包括在Steeles Avenue East铁路走廊一带加建地下行车通道。更多详情请阅: 点击这里
- Huntingwood Drive单车径: 在Huntingwood Drive新设单车径是我与本区居民已计划了一年的议题。单车径将为居民提供一条由东至西、总长达5公里的安全单车通道。居民向我表达了他们对单车径的信心和是能够在本夏更多出外活动的期待。更多详情请阅: 点击这里
- 省政府在本年4月9日宣布了和 SPARK Ontario 涉及$100,000加元的合作关系。该计划协助省内的第一个双语义工中心加强义工和社区组织的沟通，以支援省内的弱势社群。省政府指出该计划在实施后大受欢迎。
- 省政府正与安大略省长者中心协会合作实施「长者无障中心」的活动计划 。独居或正接受隔离的长者可透过电话参加小组活动。
- 加拿大紧急商业租金援助计划由即日起开放申请。Atlantic, British Columbia 和 Quebec 三省的业主可在今日起开始申请。Manitoba, Saskatchewan 和 Ontario省以及属地内的业主可在明日起开始申请。而拥有超过10个合格租户的业主可在本周稍后时间申请。