May 14, 2020 – COVID-19 Updates – COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年5月14日
COVID-19 Updates – May 14, 2020
Tomorrow evening, May 15, 2020 at 7:00 PM I will be holding a teleconference to offer suggestions to seniors as they navigate COVID-19. Please submit questions that you would like answered during the teleconference to my assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
To join the teleconference, please call: 1-416-915-6530.
Follow the prompts and then enter access code: 285 107 646
We will be joined by panelists who specialize in senior and long-term care:
President & CEO of Shepherd Village
Chief Executive Officer of Carefirst’s group of organizations
Dr. Eric KC Wong, MD FRCPC
Geriatric Medicine (Clinical Associate), St. Michael’s Hospital and University Health Network
Dr. Tammy Wong
Clinical psychologist (supervised practice), registered psychotherapist, registered Marriage and Family Therapist.
On Tuesday, I was able to distribute over 12,000 free face masks to Scarborough-Agincourt’s Personal Support Workers (PSWs) and PSWs, working other locations in Toronto, who are members of UNIFOR. Two hundred forty-five vehicles came through the mask pick-up line.
Personal Support Workers are on the front line caring for our loved ones and those who are least able to care for themselves during the COVID-19 crisis..Read More..
Toronto Hydro Upgrades – Tambrook Drive
Toronto Hydro will be replacing electrical cables and tap boxes along sections of Tambrook Drive throughout the month of June. For more details, please click here.
Please take a moment to pass along this message to your family, neighbours and friends. If you would like to sign someone up for our e-mailing list, please send me their e-mail addresses at email@example.com .
COVID-19 cases reported in Toronto
- 8,097 total cases
- 153 new cases since May 12 (16 fewer new cases from day before)
- 405 hospitalized with 97 in ICU
- 648 deaths
- 5,851 recovered
City of Toronto
- The City of Toronto is partnering with Toronto start up Ritual to provide local businesses with an easy way to accept digital orders online and onsite. For further information and to sign up, please visit https://ritual.co/partners.
- Businesses enrolled in the City’s ShopHERE program – which was launched Monday – will also be eligible for Ritual ONE and a lifetime exemption from commission and subscription fees.
- ActiveTO is a program to provide more space for people to be physically active and improve physical distancing. For more information, please read more…
Government of Ontario
- The Provincial Government announced the list of retailers, seasonal businesses and health and community service providers who will be permitted to open or expand their services on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 12:01 AM. For the full list, please click here.
- The Provincial Government also announced additional seasonal services and activities will be permitted to open as early as Saturday May 16, 2020 at 12:01 AM, in time for the Victoria Day long weekend. For the full list, please click here.
- Minister of Health Christine Elliott announced that COVID-19 testing has been expanded to include any persons experiencing symptoms of the virus.
- Effective today, people using the Ontario Drug Benefit Program will not be required to pay any co-payment until July 1, 2020 for any prescription of 30 or more days that is now being dispensed in installments
- If a Trillium Drug Program household has experienced an income change in 2019 or 2020 of 10% or more compared to their 2018 income, they can apply to have their deductible recalculated by completing and submitting the Annual Deductible Re-Assessment Form.
- The Governments of Canada and Ontario are investing up to $2.25 million to help farmers protect employees and ensure the continued supply of healthy food products.
- The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) is now accepting applications and will expedite the approval process to help support workplace health and safety in the agri-food sector. Eligible applications will be received and assessed on a continuous basis, while funding is available.
Government of Canada
- Some National Parks will partially re-open at the beginning of June. People will be able to use trails and green spaces where social distancing is possible.
- The Government of Canada pledges $470 million to fish harvesters through the Fish Harvesters Benefit.
- The Prime Minister urged everyone to support Canadian food producers by buying Canadian cheese, meat and fish.
COVID-19每日更新 – 2020年5月14日
电话接通后，请跟随广播指引，然后输入连线代码: 285 107 646
Sheppard Village 总裁兼首席执行官
Dr. Eric KC Wong, MD FRCPC
St. Michael’s Hospital 和 University Health Network 的长者医疗科临床助理
Dr. Tammy Wong
多伦多电力公司将在六月内更换 Tambrook Drive 路段的电缆和分接盒。 有关详情请阅: 点击这里
- 自5月12日起153宗新病例 (较日前少16宗新增病例)
- 多伦多市正与本市新创公司Ritual合作，为本地企业提供一款简便的在线和现场接受电子订单的平台。 更多详情请浏览 https://ritual.co/partners
- 已参与在周一启动的ShopHere计划的商户将合资格终身免收佣金和免月费参与Ritual ONE。
- 省政府宣布了在在2020年5月19日（星期二）上午12:01将允许开放的零售商，季节性行业和社区服务提供商名单。完整列表请浏览: 点击这里
- 卫生部长Christine Elliott宣布COVID-19测试已扩大至包括任何出现病征的人。
- 如果接受Trillium Drug Program的家庭在2019年或2020年的收入出现10%或以上的变化，他们可以递交年度免赔额重新评估表，以申请重新计算免赔额。
- 一些国家公园将在6月初重新开放。 市民将在保持社交距离的情况下使用步道和绿地。
- 加拿大政府通过 “鱼获收割者津贴” 向鱼获收割者认捐4.7亿加元。