March 28, 2020 – COVID-19 Updates – 应对COVID-19每日更新 ─ 2020 年 3 月 28 日
COVID-19 Updates – March 28, 2020
During this difficult time, in order to lift up spirits and to show appreciation for our frontline, healthcare and essential workers, some residents of Ward 22 Scarborough-Agincourt will be singing ‘O Canada’ outside on their balconies at 12:00 PM on Sunday, March 29th. Community members are invited to join in.
City of Toronto
Child Care Centres
- Emergency child care services are reserved exclusively for children of essential and critical services workers. These child care centres will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- To be eligible, workers must be required to report to an official work location to deliver the service without the ability to work from home. City staff required to report to an official work location to deliver core essential services are also eligible.
- The City will commit to child care spaces for eligible families on a first come, first served basis. Eligible workers must complete and submit the online application. They will be contacted by Toronto Children’s Services staff if space is available.
- For details on eligibility and application and to view a complete list of workers eligible for emergency child care, visit https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-social-support/covid-19-child-care-for-essential-workers/.
Garbage, Recycling and Organics Disposal
- All personal hygiene/sanitary products, including tissues, wipes, masks and gloves should be disposed of in the garbage.
- Please ensure that all material placed in garbage bins is bagged, specifically cleaning products such as wipes, tissues/napkins and other sanitary/hygiene products.
- Garbage Tags are still required for excess garbage/bag-only collection and can be bought online and mailed to your home.
- Drop-Off Depots (Transfer Stations) are closed to the general public. Garbage, recycling, organics and yard waste from residents will not be accepted. Only those with an existing registered account can continue to bring material to Drop-off Depots (Transfer Stations). No new account requests will be processed at this time. Drop-Off Depots will not operate on Saturdays.
- Toxic Taxi services and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) drop-off are suspended. Hazardous waste should be safely stored until services resume.
- Bin deliveries and bin exchanges are suspended. Existing service requests will be completed once service resumes.
- All Community Environment Days scheduled in April have been cancelled.
Road, Sidewalk and Bikeway Maintenance
- Winter maintenance and emergency road, bridges, bikeway and sidewalk repairs and maintenance will continue.
- Routine operations including street cleaning, event support, and non-essential repairs and maintenance to expressways, roads, sidewalks and bridges have been deferred.
- Non-emergency (contracted) road and sidewalk repairs will be suspended.
Government of Ontario
- Premier Doug Ford is calling on big-city residents and snowbirds to avoid self-isolating at their cottages amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Health officials say more lab testing sites are opening and Ontario hopes to be doing 5,000 tests a day by the end of the weekend.
- Provincial officials are working to protect Ontario’s supply chain to ensure front-line health-care workers have much-needed equipment, like ventilators, masks, and swabs.
- The province is removing barriers allowing Ontario’s manufacturing sector to redeploy capacity toward the production of healthcare equipment.
Government of Canada
- Prime Minister urged Canadians to continue to practice social distancing, proper hygiene and stay home.
- Effective noon Monday, March 30, 2020, any individual showing any symptoms of COVID-19 (coughing. fever, etc) will be unable to travel domestically by plane or train
- Prime Minister urged Canadians to visit the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) at https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/campaigns/covid-19-update.html to begin the process of registering, through their MyAccount, for the various assistance programs. Prime Minister urged Canadians to permit direct deposit into their bank account.
应对COVID-19每日更新 ─ 2020 年 3 月 28 日
加拿大COVID-19 感染情况越演越烈。在此艰难时刻，为振奋精神，感谢防疫前线的医务人员和关键部门服务人员，3月29日（星期日）中午12点，士嘉堡 ─ 爱静阁第22区的居民将在阳台上同声齐唱加拿大国歌“O Canada”， 诚邀社区人士参加。
- 废品站（中转站）Drop-Off Depots对公众关闭。不会接受垃圾、可回收垃圾、有机物和庭院垃圾。只有那些已经拥有注册帐户的居民才能继续把垃圾送到废品站（中转站）。此时不会登记任何新帐户。废品站在星期六关闭。
- 暂停家庭危险废物 Household Hazardous Waste（HHW）的收集与运输服务。在服务恢复之前，应安全储存危险废物。
- 省长Doug Ford呼吁城市居民和雪鸟避免在COVID-19大流行期间去别墅自我隔离。