February 12, 2018 – Summary of Winter Maintenance Activities As of 9:00 am
For the forecast weather events of February 9 – 11, here is an update on Transportation Services’ winter operations as of approx. 9am on February 12.
Note: These plans are subject to changing conditions such as timing of the event and the amount of precipitation.
Weather: Dry and cold conditions are forecast through to Wednesday afternoon.
– Transportation maintains a 24/7 patrol to constantly monitor road and sidewalk conditions
– Approx 3 rounds have been applied to expressways, 3 rounds to arterials, 3 rounds to collectors and 1 round on locals in response to Sunday’s freezing rain event
– All local road plowing operations, in response to Saturday’s event, were completed by approx 2pm Sunday.
– No plowing operations were required in response to Sunday’s event
– Cleanup operations, particularly on local roads, in response to parked car locations, missed streets, driveways and Service Requests will continue on Monday
Trails & Bike Lanes
– Approximately 3 rounds of salt have been applied to the Humber Bay Waterfront Trail, the Martin Goodman Trail and the separated bike lanes downtown in response to Sunday’s freezing rain event
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– Mechanical sidewalk and bus stop salting resumed at approximately 4pm Sunday and will be completed by approx. 2pm Monday in response to Sunday’s freezing rain event
This will be the final Snow Event Update for the storms of Feb 9 – 11.
Trackback from your site.