January 10, 2018 – 2018 Community Projects and Events Grants
2018 Community Projects and Events Grants
We are excited to announce the launch of the 2018 Community Projects and Events funding stream. Through this fund, the City of Toronto provides two streams of one-time funding that support community groups and organizations to build vibrant, equitable, inclusive and safe communities.
Deadline and Application Form
The deadline for submitting an online Letter of Intent is Friday, February 2 at 11:59 PM. Applicant groups will apply for funding via our online application portal.
Grant Program Goals
Community Projects Grant Stream: One-time funding for short-term projects to develop products, tools and resources that are grounded in the experience of residents, encourage the sharing of community knowledge, and/or increase the impact of the community services sector.
- One-time funding is available for projects beginning after June 7, 2018 and ending by May 31, 2019.
- Activities that were funded through the previous grant programs may be eligible under this new grant stream. Former grants: Access, Equity and Human Rights – AEHR; Community Safety Investment – CSI.
- Applicants are encouraged to request the amount of money they need to complete their project. There are no minimums or maximums set for this granting stream.
Applicants are invited to propose projects that develop a product, tool or resource to respond to a community need with the goals of: increasing organizational impact by doing things better; increasing community impact by fostering new partnerships; diversifying communities served and strengthening access and equity.
Community Events Grant Stream: One-time funding for community activities and events that support Torontonians to connect, learn and act to improve their wellbeing, neighbourhoods, and communities.
- One-time funding of $5,000 – $10,000 is available for activities beginning after June 7, 2018 and ending by May 31, 2019.
- Activities that were funded through the previous grant programs may be eligible under this new grant stream. Former grants: Community Festivals and Community Recreation.
- Grassroots groups with annual operating budgets of less than $500,000 will be prioritized for funding.
Applicants are invited to propose events or activities that bring different groups of people together to make their neighbourhoods better, keep people active, or help residents learn new skills and build leadership capacity.
Information Sessions and Applicant Support
Information Sessions: An opportunity to learn about the Projects & Events granting program and ask questions about possible project ideas.
|Scarborough Civic Centre||January 16||2:30 pm – 5:00pm|
|North York Civic Centre||January 17||9:30 am – 12:00 pm|
|Toronto City Hall||January 23||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Etobicoke Civic Centre||January 24||9:30 am – 12:00 pm|
Application Support: Community groups may access direct support on their application from City staff.
|Toronto City Hall||January 29||9:00 am – 4:00 pm|