October 26, 2017 – E-Newsletter
I hope this message finds you and your family well.
Last Thursday, I hosted a Town Hall Meeting for the new SmartTrack – GO Transit station planned for Finch – Kennedy (which is proposed with no parking lot). City of Toronto and Metrolinx staff attended, listened and answered questions from residents on this station.
City Planning is NOT supportive of a Pick-Up and Drop-Off centre at the station or a Commuter Parking Lot. This is a mistake. My position on a Commuter Parking Lot is clear: Suburban residents north of the 401 must have the ability to drive to the station to take transit downtown. Without a parking lot, commuters will pass on taking transit and this will increase gridlock.
I want to take this opportunity to share information on news and events happening in Scarborough-Agincourt and across the city. Particularly:
- Beverly Glen School Pumpkin Parade
- Steeles/Agincourt featured in Toronto Life’s November Issue
- News: A majority of Torontonians identify themselves as Visible Minorities
- St. Sylvester Separate School visit to City Hall
- Safety Reminders and Warnings
- Birchmount-McNicoll Street Light Installation
- Road Resurfacing, Sidewalk, and Curb Repairs on Ambercroft Boulevard
- L’Amoreaux Park North Planting Plan for Fall 2017
- McNicoll Bus Garage Weekend Work
- Toastmasters Meetings for Public Speaking Development
- Nominations for Women of Distinction Awards
- Neighbourhood Grants Call for Applications
- WaterSource “Not Down The Drain” Campaign
- Toronto Public Health Free Flu Vaccinations
- Weekend events with Road Closures in Toronto
If you would like your community event to be included in our next e-newsletter please contact my office. For any questions, I can be reached by phone at 416-392-1374 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Please take a minute and pass this email to your neighbors, family and friends. Read More… October 26 2017 E-Newsletter
Trackback from your site.