February 29, 2016 – Ward 39 Update Snow Event March 1st and 2nd
For the forecast weather event of March 1st and 2nd here is an update on Transportation Services’ plans as of 2pm on February 29th. The timing of all activities noted is based on forecast snow accumulation and is subject to change.
Weather: Temperatures will quickly drop after 7pm. Any lingering moisture will likely freeze this evening. Partial clearing and turning colder Monday night. It should be dry Tuesday morning, perhaps some flurries late morning. A winter storm moves into the region Tuesday afternoon and continues Tuesday night tapering to flurries Wednesday morning and then it should be out of the region by dawn. 2-4 cm is likely from noon to sunset, but the bulk of the snowfall occurs in the evening with rates of 2 cm/hour, so roughly 10-12 cm from 6 pm to midnight and then another 2-4 cm overnight. 15-22 cm in total is generally expected.
Transportation Services has 24hr road patrols that continue to monitor for changing road
Based on the current forecast, here is a tentative schedule for the activation of key activities;
– Multiple rounds of expressway, arterial and collector salting will be required in response to this event
– Salting to commence approx. 12pm to 3pm on Tuesday afternoon and will continue through the pm rush hour until plows are activated
– Multiple rounds of expressway, arterial and local road plowing will likely be required
– Plowing to commence approx. 6pm to 9pm Tuesday evening & continue overnight
– Local road plowing will commence when at least 8cm of snow has fallen and snow has substantially stopped
– Local plowing to commence approx. 3am to 6am Wednesday morning and continue throughout the day
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– Multiple rounds of sidewalk salting/plowing on high and low volume sidewalks will likely be required
– Sidewalk and bus stop clearing to be coordinated with arterial & collector road plowing operations
The next Snow Event Update will be issued at approx. 8am on Tuesday morning.to view please click here
Syrian Refugees – if you wish to assist by renting part of your home, donating furniture please call the Armenian Community Center at (647) 860-4345
Canvassers There may be many people knocking on your door wishing to sell you services and/or check your appliances. Be aware and do not open your door. Read more to know your rights. Click here
Cultural Dates Update
Travel Alert Zika Virus click here and get updated info
Overnight parking changes
If you reside in the Silver Springs Boulevard Area, there will be no overnight parking between the hours of 2:00 am to 6:00 am.
Click here to see map – (McNicoll on the north, Kennedy on the east, Finch on the south, Birchmount on the west)
If you require additional information and or assistance with municipal related items, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 416 392 1374.
Trackback from your site.